Ready to make your reservation?
Call us today! 404-581-4000
Georgia Aquarium offers educational programming to home school students through our instructor-led programs at 1:45 pm on select dates. These 45 minute Instructor-Led programs provide a focused learning opportunity where students can expand their understanding of aquatic ecosystems. All programs are aligned to the Georgia Performance Standards (GPS) and include a downloadable Teacher guide with pre and post activities. All Instructor-Led programs include admission to the Aquarium and Deepo 4D Show.
- Monday, September 9, 2013
- Tuesday, October 8, 2013
- Wednesday, November 6, 2013
- Thursday, December 5, 2013
- Monday, January 13, 2014
- Tuesday, February 11, 2014
- Tuesday, February 18, 2014 (Grades K-2 Bite Size Basics and Grades 3-5 Snack Attack only)
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Specific Need to Know Information for Home School Programming
- Cost per student is $13 plus tax which includes admission to the Deepo’s 3D Wondershow movie.
- To make a reservation call 404-581-4000
- Space is limited, reservations must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the visit date.
- Chaperone ratio for Home School is 1 adult for up to 2 children. Any additional guest (adult or child) not participating in the program must purchase a total ticket and will be permitted to join the group after the program.
- No children 4 and under allowed on the program.
- Home School participants may enter no earlier than 11:00 am the day of their program to tour the Aquarium.
- Once tickets are reserved and paid for, Home School participants can pick up their tickets at the Will Call Window using their confirmation number.
- All Home School participants need to check in at 1:30 pm with the Education Department for their Instructor Led program at the Recognition Rotunda on the 2nd floor of the Café.
- A copy of your Home School Letter of Intent must be provided as proof of home schooling.
- AT&T Dolphin Tales show - Add on $4 per person.
Monday and Wednesday Programs Offered
Sea Life Safari: Join us as we go on an Aquarium safari, in search of fish, sharks and whales. On their aquatic expedition, students will explore the basic needs of all animals and observe how these needs are met at the Aquarium.
Georgia Performance Standards addressed: SKCS1, SKCS2, SKCS5, SKL2, ELAKLSV1, S1CS1, S1CS2, S1CS5, S1L1, ELA1LSV1, M2M1, M2M3 Common Core Standards: KCC2, KCC4, KMD1, KMD2, 1MD2, 2 MD1, 2MD2, & 2MD3
Grades 3rd – 5th
Weird and Wild: Come along on a “weird & wild” adventure through the Georgia Aquarium! During this program students will explore the “weird & wild” characteristics of our unique animals.
Georgia Performance Standards addressed: S3CS4, S3L1, ELA3LSV1, S4CS4, S4L1, S4L2, ELA4LSV1, S5CS4, S5L1, ELA5LSV1
Grades 6th – 8th
Undersea Investigators: Have you ever asked yourself why animals behave the way they do? Through research, we can better understand our animals and those in nature. As Undersea Investigators, students will discover how research is conducted while gaining insights into the underwater world.
Georgia Performance Standards addressed: S6CS1, S6CS8, S6CS9, S6E3, ELA6LSV1, M6D1, S7CS1, S7CS5, S7CS8, S7CS9, ELA7LSV1, S7L4, M7D1, M8D4, ELA8LSV1 Common Core Standards: 6SP5 & 7SP2
Grades 9th – 12th
Aquarium 101: Through an exploration of the Aquarium’s exhibits and behind the scenes areas, students will be exposed to aquarium careers, research efforts, conservation programs and understand how the Aquarium meets the diverse needs of our animals.
Georgia Performance Standards addressed: SCSh1, SCSh6, SB4, SZ5, SEV5
Tuesday and Thursday Programs Offered
Bite Size Basics: All animals have certain basic needs, including food. Come discover what some of our Aquarium residents eat, how they eat and how their food is prepared.
Georgia Performance Standards addressed: SKCS1, SKCS5, SKL1, SKL2, ELAKLSV1, S1CS1, S1CS5, S1L1, ELA1LSV1, MKM1, MKP4, M1M1, M1P4, M2M1, M2P4
Grades 3rd – 5th
Snack Attack: Come explore some of the predator-prey relationships found in
aquatic ecosystems around the globe. Discover how some of our amazing animals catch their meals and how they keep from becoming prey themselves.
Georgia Performance Standards addressed: S3CS4, S3L1, S3L2, ELA3LSV1, S4CS4, S4L1, S4L2, ELA4LSV1, S5CS4, S5L1, ELA5LSV1
Grades 6th – 8th
Sharks In-Depth: Wow, look at all of those teeth covering the sharks’ entire body! There is much more to learn about sharks than what we see on the surface. During this program, students will examine how sharks impact their environment and how humans impact sharks.
Georgia Performance Standards addressed: S6CS8, S6E4, ELA6LSV1, S7CS5, S7CS8, S7L1, S7L4, ELA7LSV1, S8CS8, S8P3, ELA8SV1, S6CS5, S6CS6
Grades 9th – 12th
Animal Behavior: Before animals can live in an aquarium, biologists must understand what they need and how they behave. Students will discover how the Aquarium staff maintains the health of our animals as well as the training and enrichment techniques used in the process.
Georgia Performance Standards addressed: SCSh1, SCSh6, SZ4, SZ5