Ready to make your reservation?
Call us today! 404-581-4000
Georgia Aquarium offers educational programming to home school students through our instructor-led programs at 1:45 pm on select dates. These 45 minute Instructor-Led programs provide a focused learning opportunity where students can expand their understanding of aquatic ecosystems. All programs are aligned to the State and National Performance Standards and include a downloadable Teacher guide with pre and post activities. All Instructor-Led programs include admission to the Aquarium and Deepo 4D Show.
- Monday, September 8, 2014
- Tuesday, October 7, 2014
- Wednesday, November 12, 2014
- Thursday, December 11, 2014
- Monday, January 12, 2015
- Tuesday, February 10, 2015
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Specific Need to Know Information for Home School Programming
- Home School programs operate September through March
- Cost per student is $13 plus tax which includes admission to the Deepo’s 3D Wondershow movie.
- To make a reservation call 404-581-4000
- Space is limited, reservations must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the visit date.
- Chaperone ratio for Home School is 1 adult for up to 2 children. Any additional guest (adult or child) not participating in the program must purchase a total ticket and will be permitted to join the group after the program.
- No children 4 and under allowed on the program.
- Home School participants may enter no earlier than 11:00 am the day of their program to tour the Aquarium.
- Once tickets are reserved and paid for, Home School participants can pick up their tickets at the Will Call Window using their confirmation number.
- All Home School participants need to check in at 1:30 pm with the Education Department for their Instructor Led program at the Recognition Rotunda on the 2nd floor of the Café.
- A copy of your Home School Letter of Intent must be provided as proof of home schooling.
- AT&T Dolphin Tales show - Add on $4 per person.
Fall and Spring Programs Offered:
Sea Life Safari: Join us as we go on an Aquarium safari, in search of fish, sharks and whales. On their aquatic expedition, students will explore the basic needs of all animals and observe how these needs are met at the Aquarium.
Georgia Performance Standards addressed: SKCS1, SKCS2, SKCS5, SKL2, ELAKLSV1, S1CS1, S1CS2, S1CS5, S1L1, ELA1LSV1, M2M1, M2M3 Common Core Standards: KCC2, KCC4, KMD1, KMD2, 1MD2, 2 MD1, 2MD2, & 2MD3
Weird and Wild: Come along on a “weird & wild” adventure through the Georgia Aquarium! During this program students will explore the “weird & wild” characteristics of our unique animals.
Georgia Performance Standards addressed: S3CS4, S3L1, ELA3LSV1, S4CS4, S4L1, S4L2, ELA4LSV1, S5CS4, S5L1, ELA5LSV1
Sharks In-Depth: Wow, look at all of those teeth covering the sharks’ entire body! There is much more to learn about sharks than what we see on the surface. During this program, students will examine how sharks impact their environment and how humans impact sharks.
Georgia Performance Standards addressed: S6CS8, S6E4, ELA6LSV1, S7CS5, S7CS8, S7L1, S7L4, ELA7LSV1, S8CS8, S8P3, ELA8SV1, S6CS5, S6CS6
Aquarium 101: Through an exploration of the Aquarium’s exhibits and behind the scenes areas, students will be exposed to aquarium careers, research efforts, conservation programs and understand how the Aquarium meets the diverse needs of our animals.
Georgia Performance Standards addressed: SCSh1, SCSh6, SB4, SZ5, SEV5