Tuesdays in the Field Home School Programming
During this program, home school students and their accompanying adults will have exclusive access to our interactive Discovery Zone for a unique self-paced experience. Georgia Aquarium educators will be positioned throughout our Discovery Zone to facilitate a variety of standards-based activities for students K-12 that will allow your students to investigate the scientific process by making observations, applying knowledge, and drawing conclusions.
Note: the 'Tuesdays in the Field' atmosphere is an informal setting as opposed to a set program, where students are encouraged to stop and engage at a variety of learning opportunities located throughout our Discovery Zone. This is a self-paced experience and students are welcome to spend as much or as little time as they would like at each activity. Home school students and their chaperones are welcome to explore the main gallery spaces after their time in Discovery Zone.
Examples of learning opportunities may include but are not limited to:
- Where In The World Is All The Water?
- Peterson Preserve Scavenger Hunt
- Experiments On The Go!
- Shark Observations
- and many more!
If you have a request for a specific activity or standard to be addressed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Guests are required to purchase a Home School ticket for entry.
Tuesday, September 13
Tuesday, October 11
Tuesday, November 8
Tuesday, December 13
Tuesday, January 10
Tuesday, February 14
Cost of Admission:
Student K-12 (Member): $13
Student K-12 (Non-Member): $15
Accompanying adult (Member): $29.95
Accompanying adult (Non-Member): $31.95
Children 2 and under: free
- Upon completion of the online form (see below), you will receive print at home tickets that will be required for entrance to the Aquarium.
- Included in your admission: access to behind the scenes areas, standards based activities in the Discovery Zone, and admission to all Georgia Aquarium galleries and presentations on a first come, first served basis.
- You must provide a letter of intent (or other state authorized document showing home-school status) and your print at home ticket or confirmation number upon arrival.
- Guests that are unable to provide proper documentation will be asked to enter via the main entrance and pay the full price of admission.
- Tuesdays in the Field guests should enter through the Education Entrance on Baker Street, to the left of the main entrance.
- Aquarium Parking is $10 per vehicle and may be purchased online or on the day of your visit.
- The Georgia Aquarium parking deck is located at the corner of Luckie St. and Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd.
- Chaperones must be 18 years or older and can expect to actively participate in activities and monitor student behavior.
- Reservations are processed based on availability. After your reservation is finalized (when payment is received), you will receive a confirmation email with an order number and further instructions related to your program.
- Please note: There are no refunds for non-attendance. You may not substitute adults for student no-shows.