During this program, home school students and their accompanying adults will have exclusive access to our interactive Discovery Zone for a unique self-paced experience. Georgia Aquarium educators will be positioned at age appropriate activity stations throughout our Discovery Zone and in our classrooms to facilitate a variety of standards-based activities for students K-12 that will allow your students to investigate the scientific process by making observations, applying knowledge, and drawing conclusions.
Note: the 'Tuesdays in the Field' atmosphere will resemble a science festival setting, where students are encouraged to stop and engage at activity stations located throughout our Discovery Zone. This is a self-paced experience and students are welcome to spend as much or as little time as they would like at each station.
All Guests are required to purchase a Home School ticket for entry.
Tuesday, September 13
Tuesday, October 11
Tuesday, November 8
Tuesday, December 13
Tuesday, January 10
Tuesday, February 14
Cost of Admission:
Student K-12 (Member): $13
Student K-12 (Non-Member): $15
Accompanying adult: $31.95
Children 2 and under: free
All activities are divided by the following grade ranges: K-2nd grade, 3-5th grade, and 6-12th grade. Each group will have 2-3 dedicated stations in which educators will facilitate a standards-based, experiential learning activity. Although each station is purposefully crafted with a specific age range in mind, students of all ages are encouraged to participate in each activity!
- Where In The World Is All The Water?
- Peterson Preserve Scavenger Hunt
- Experiments On The Go!
- Shark Observations
- and many more!
- Upon completion of the online form (coming soon), you will receive print at home tickets that will be required for entrance to the Aquarium.
- Included in your admission: Access to behind the scenes areas, standards based activities in the Discovery Zone, and admission to all Georgia Aquarium galleries and presentations on a first come, first served basis.
- You must provide a letter of intent (or other state authorized document showing home-school status) and your print at home ticket or confirmation number upon arrival.
- Guests that are unable to provide proper documentation will be asked to enter via the main entrance and pay the full price of admission.
- Tuesdays in the Field guests should enter through the Education Entrance on Baker Street, to the left of the main entrance.
- Aquarium Parking is $10 per vehicle and may be purchased online or on the day of your visit.
- The Georgia Aquarium parking deck is located at the corner of Luckie St. and Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd.
- Chaperones must be 18 years or older and can expect to actively participate in activities and monitor student behavior.
- Reservations are processed based on availability. After your reservation is finalized (when payment is received), you will receive a confirmation email with an order number and further instructions related to your program.
- Tuesdays in the Field is a special learning experience not included in annual pass membership.
- Please note: There are no refunds for non-attendance. You may not substitute adults for student no-shows.