Internships at Georgia Aquarium
Looking for invaluable experience, professional connections and unique hands-on learning opportunities? If you are up to the challenge let your imagination go to play and apply to become an intern today! Interns are afforded numerous opportunities to shadow our experts and truly learn and experience the profession they are pursuing.
Please note all internships are unpaid and housing/food/travel stipends are not provided.
- Interns commit to a regular schedule (20-40 hours per week) in a specific department for a short period of time (3-8 months).
- If you cannot commit to a regular schedule, we encourage you to apply to be a standard volunteer.
- Interns receive unlimited admission for themselves and discounted tickets for Guests during their internship.
- Upon satisfactory completion of their internship interns are also eligible to receive additional benefits such as free admission tickets, animal encounters and more.
- All internships are unpaid and there are no housing, food or travel stipends provided. Interns are responsible for finding their own housing and transportation.
- Due to the number of applications not all applicants will be contacted. Interns are typically selected 1-4 weeks after the department deadline.
- If you are completing an internship for school credit you must obtain an instructor from your school to oversee your internship and complete the necessary paperwork before your internship begins.
- Available internships are listed on the left. To apply, please review the description for your internship(s) of interest and submit your resume and other requested documents to the email address(es) provided for each department.
- Age 18 years or older
- High school diploma or GED
- Proof of US citizenship, current green card or student/work visa – please note we are unable to sponsor international candidates
- Ability to attend all training courses and intern at least 20 hours a week on a regular schedule for 3-8 months
- Submission of resume and contact info for three academic or professional references who applicant has known for at least a year
- Satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen
- Willingness to follow the policies and procedures of Georgia Aquarium
- Ability to secure housing and transportation during internship on your own
- Additional requirements for particular internship (listed below).
Due to the number of applications, not all applicants will be contacted.
For questions regarding internships please email email@example.com.