The intern will be playing a significant role in the daily operations of Georgia Aquarium’s Content Development department. The intern’s support assisting in the daily routine and management of information and messaging is essential to maintain a consistent and clear voice for our team members and guests. Fact-finding and research will be a large part of the intern duties, as well as using this information to answer guest and team member questions, create animal fact sheets, and eventually draft content for signs. At the end of the internship, the intern will grow in their writing, research and communication abilities and learn the importance of presenting clear, consistent messaging in a zoological facility.
Tasks and projects the intern will be involved in include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the online Animal Guide utilizing the Sitefinity content management system to organize and update animal and exhibit information, format pictures, and keep material current and consistent.
- Reviewing and preparing content to be posted and distributed aquarium-wide, including Marineland and Georgia Aquarium Conservation Field Station.
- Assisting with interdepartmental communication, relate questions to the Content Management team, and relay pertinent information.
- Reviewing signage and messaging around the aquarium making note of areas of improvement.
- Assisting in generating and editing written materials from other departments.
Schedule: 3 days per week, Monday-Friday (flexible on days) with occasional evening and weekend work possible
Minimum Required Hours per Week: 20
- Semester: Fall
- Application Deadline: July 31
- Semester Months: September - December
- Semester: Spring
- Application Deadline: November 30
- Semester Months: February - May
- Semester: Summer
- Application Deadline: March 30
- Semester Months: June - August
Additional Application Requirements:
Major in English, Communications, Journalism, Science or relevant field.
- Possess excellent writing, proofreading and grammar skills.
- Provide excellent customer service and communication skills as well as superior attention to detail.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Desire to learn and contribute to the success of Georgia Aquarium.
- Ability to:
- Lift and carry 40 lbs.
- Bend and stoop
- Stand for up to 5 hours
Email resume to email@example.com . Please use your name as the file name of your resume.