Digital Marketing interns will work directly with the digital marketing team on all aspects of digital campaign implementation and reporting. Opportunities for learning include: content development for weekly e-newsletters, website and mobile app content; research on digital marketing trends; gathering digital campaign metrics and campaign reporting; collection and analysis of data from a variety of sources, including Google Analytics and IBM Marketing Cloud; and basic web editing skills including HTML. Qualified applicants should possess excellent communications skills, basic web editing knowledge, and familiarity with digital campaign analysis best practices. Digital Marketing interns will learn how to work in an integrated communications setting, as they will work closely with Marketing, Public Relations and other department interns and actively participate in aquarium events and staff meetings.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Minimum Required Hours per Week: 20
- Semester: Fall
- Application Deadline: July 28
- Semester Months: September – December
- Semester: Spring
- Application Deadline: November 3
- Semester Months: January - May
- Application Deadline: March 17
- Semester Months: May - August
Additional Application Requirements:
Major in marketing, public relations, communications, new media, advertising or related field.
Possess excellent written, oral communication and computer skills.
Basic knowledge of web editing skills such as HTML is preferred, not required.
Email resume to: email@example.com
Georgia Aquarium Internship Applicant Requirements:
- Age 18 years or older
- High school diploma or GED
- Proof of US citizenship, current green card or student/work visa – please note we are unable to sponsor international candidates
- Ability to attend all training courses and intern at least 20-40 hours a week on a regular schedule for 3-8 months.( If you cannot commit to a regular schedule, we encourage you to apply to be a standard volunteer.)
- Satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen
- Willingness to follow the policies and procedures of Georgia Aquarium
- Ability to secure housing and transportation during internship on your own
Georgia Aquarium Internship Information:
- Interns receive unlimited admission for themselves and discounted tickets for Guests during their internship.
- Upon satisfactory completion of their internship interns are also eligible to receive additional benefits such as free admission tickets, animal encounters and more.
- All internships are unpaid and no housing, food or travel stipends are provided.
- If you are completing an internship for school credit you must obtain an instructor (from your school) to oversee your internship and complete the necessary paperwork before your internship begins.