The goal of our internship is to introduce our interns to as much as possible in the time they spend with us. This is a very dive focused internship. Dive Operations interns will dive in and clean exhibits around the aquarium. They will begin as a scuba diver in the Ocean Voyager and Beluga exhibits and later be trained in Surface Supplied Diving allowing dives in many other exhibits. There will also be opportunities to learn and perform various tasks such as cylinder filling, dive gear maintenance, surface support, various administrative tasks, advanced diver training and more. This internship should be considered exploratory as every day will present different opportunities and challenges. The best candidate will have some mechanical ability, be proficient in Microsoft Office and must be able to carry dive equipment and exit each exhibit unassisted while wearing dive gear. This is an experience-based, unpaid internship.
Schedule: 3-4 days per week on set schedule, typically 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. (special projects may be outside normal hours)
Minimum Required Hours per Week: 25
Additional Application Requirements:
- Semester: Fall
- Application Deadline: July 1
- Semester Dates: September & December (flexible, minimum 3 months)
- Semester: Spring
- Application Deadline: November 1
- Semester Dates: January – April (flexible, minimum 3 months)
- Semester: Summer
- Application Deadline: March 1
- Semester Dates: May – August (flexible, minimum 3 months)
- Possess an Open Water Diving certification or higher from an internationally recognized agency.
- Must have a current record of dives equaling 25 or more and log available.
- Must have current certifications in First Aid, CPR, AED and Oxygen Provider.
- Once selected, final acceptance is contingent upon passing a swim/dive evaluation and a dive physical. Physical fees will be waived for interns accepted into the program
- Email resume to: email@example.com