The Education intern will gain hands-on experience into how environmental education programs are designed, developed and delivered which may include Camp H2O, teacher workshops, and school year programming. The intern’s level of involvement in each of these programs will vary seasonally. Interns will shadow Education staff members, contribute to various aspects of programming, and assist with daily operations and administrative tasks. Throughout the semester, interns will learn how to effectively deliver learning objectives appropriate for the audience through activities/games, crafts, or lectures that can be translated into a 45-minute program or a 5-day camp. Interns will also complete a semester-long project that supports the department and grows the intern as an environmental education professional.
Schedule: 3 weekdays per week from 8:00am to 4:30pm
Minimum Required Hours per Week: 25
Additional Application Requirements:
- Semester: Fall
- Application Deadline: July 15
- Semester Dates: September 1 – December 15
- Semester: Spring
- Application Deadline: November 15
- Semester Dates: January 15 – May 15
- Semester: Summer
- Application Deadline: April 1
- Semester Dates: May 15 – August 15
- Major in biology, environmental science, education, or related field.
- Interest in environmental education.
- Enjoys working with children and adults.
- Strong customer service, computer and communication skills.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org