Guest Programs: Sleepovers
The Guest Programs: Sleepover Program intern will learn the key components of creating educational and engaging guest experiences as it relates to Sleepovers, one of Georgia Aquarium’s premium experiences. Interns will shadow management and the Sleepover team leaders to develop an understanding of hospitality, educate guests of various ages and knowledge levels about our living collection, and execute Sleepover programming. As interns gain experience, they will have the opportunity to create, plan and implement educational and age-appropriate programming and activities that meet set learning objectives for Girl Scouts or Adults-Only sleepovers. Interns will also assist with administrative duties, meet with local community partners and other duties as assigned. At the end of the internship, the intern will learn the fundamentals of hospitality, interpretive methods and guest experience while completing a semester-long project.
This intern will specifically focus on developing programming for Girl Scouts or Adults-Only sleepovers. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Schedule: 3-4 days per week in office (Tuesday-Saturday 9am to 5pm availability) AND at least 1 sleepover per month (flexible days, 5pm-10am)
Minimum Required Hours per Week: 20-30
- Semester: Fall
- Application Deadline: August 1
- Semester Dates: September - December
- Semester: Spring
- Application Deadline: December 1
- Semester Dates: January - April
- Semester: Summer
- Application Deadline: April 1
- Semester Dates: May - August
Additional Application Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Pursuing or completed degree in biology, psychology, education, recreation, hospitality, or a related field.
- Possess strong interpersonal, presentation, computer, and writing skills.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must enjoy engaging with people of all ages.
- To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify if you are interested in Girl Scout Sleepover or Adults-Only Sleepover Programming.