Human Resources Interns play an important role in ensuring an engaging human resources experience for our internal guests. The Human Resources Intern position will touch on all areas of the Human Resources Department. During the internship the following duties will be completed on a daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis. Some of these tasks will involve direct supervision and assistance from the HR Generalist, HR Benefits Coordinator and/or Vice President of HR.
- Steps in the recruiting and hiring process, including but not limited to: posting job openings, reviewing resumes, conducting telephone and in-person interviews.
- The importance of employment law and compliance, confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files and form management.
- The interrelationship of Human Resources and Accounting & Finance in the areas of payroll issues related to onboarding and termination.
- Employee benefit issues related to open enrollment, benefit enrollment and termination, troubleshooting employee benefits issues and the customer service aspect of the benefits oversight.
- Analyze data and identify potential issues and/or inconsistencies.
- Data Integrity - Ensure data in HR and Payroll systems are in sync and clean up incorrect data.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all duties.
Schedule: 3-5 weekdays per week
Minimum Required Hours per Week: 24
Additional Application Requirements:
- Semester: Fall
- Application Deadline: August 30
- Semester Dates: September 15 - December 15
- Semester: Spring
- Application Deadline: November 30
- Semester Dates: January 12 - May 15
- Semester: Summer
- Application Deadline: April 30
- Semester Dates: June 1 - August 31
Desired year in college: Junior or Senior
Desired Majors: Undergraduate study in Business with an emphasis in Human Resources, Communications, Organizational Development or something similar.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented, accurate and reliable.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and interact with all levels within the organization.
- Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org