With over 1,500 volunteers at Georgia Aquarium, interns learn how to host Volunteer Information Sessions, New Team Member Orientations, answer general interest questions and respond to prospective volunteer inquiries. Interns shadow staff to gain an understanding of how to prepare materials for training, process benefits, maintain volunteer records, prepare reports using the volunteer database and other assignments as needed. At the end of the internship, interns will be educated in the fundamentals of a volunteer program and its importance to an organization.
Schedule: 3-4 days per week including at least 1 weekend day; 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Minimum Required Hours per Week: 24
Additional Application Requirements:
- Semester: Fall
- Application Deadline: July 31
- Semester Dates: September - December
- Semester: Spring
- Application Deadline: November 30
- Semester Dates: January - April
- Semester: Summer
- Application Deadline: March 31
- Semester Dates: May - August
Major in human resources, non-profit management, hospitality, communications or related field.
Possess strong interpersonal, writing and computer skills.
- Experience with customer service preferred.
- Experience with volunteer service preferred.
- Please include cover letter with resume. Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org