Beach M. Clark, Jr.
Vice President, Information Technology
As the Vice President of Information Technology, Beach M. Clark, Jr. oversees multiple aspects of the Georgia Aquarium’s technological operations. His position encompasses point of sale, ticketing, telecommunications and overall management of the Aquarium’s Web site.
Clark is an Atlanta native, having graduated from North Springs High School before earning his Bachelor’s degree in philosophy at Washington & Lee University in Lexington, Virginia.
After working for several years in the hospitality industry as a manager of hotel and restaurant properties, Clark returned to Georgia State University to earn his Master’s degree in accounting. Upon completing his degree, Clark took a position with Andersen Consulting where he began his career in information technology.
Clark worked with clients in a number of industries including healthcare, telecommunications, technology, finance and manufacturing. He has also specialized in the implementation of advanced technology solutions.
The Home Depot recruited Clark in 1991 to design and implement their network architecture. Over the next 12 years at The Home Depot, Clark managed a number of functions in networking, application development and technical support.
Since joining the team at Georgia Aquarium in July 2004, Clark has enjoyed the opportunity to work with multiple organizations and his extended responsibility over several areas within information technology, including the Georgia Aquarium’s web site and databases.
Clark lives in East Cobb, a suburb of Atlanta, with his three sons Beach III (Trip), Tyler and Hagen.
- Bernard Marcus - Benefactor, Chairman of the Board, CEO
- David Kimmel - President and Chief Operating Officer
- Dr. Greg Bossart - Chief Veterinary Officer & Senior Vice President, Veterinary Services
- Matthew P. Hodgdon - Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Billy Hurley - Chief Animal Officer & Senior Vice President, Husbandry
- Carey Rountree - Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing
- Beach M. Clark, Jr - Vice President, Information Technology
- Kristie Cobb Hacke - Vice President, Development and Membership
- Joe Handy - Vice President, Guest Experience
- Scott Higley - Vice President of Marketing and Communications
- Timothy Mullican, DVM - Vice President, Veterinary Services and Husbandry
- Will Ramsey - Vice President, Group Sales
- Dr. Bruce A. Carlson - Science Officer
- Dr. Tonya Clauss - Chief Veterinarian
- Dr. Alistair Dove - Senior Scientist