Matthew P. Hodgdon
Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer,
Matthew Hodgdon, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, is responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of Georgia Aquarium operations. His areas of concentration include accounting and treasury operations, budget, information technology and security. After graduating from the University of Virginia, Hodgdon obtained an MBA at Indiana University. He began his career with Price Waterhouse in Washington, D.C. where he worked on the audit staff and obtained his CPA. Hodgdon then ventured to New York City where he worked for the Penn Central Corporation as Senior Accountant-Management Information and Manager of Corporate Reporting. Following his stint with Penn Central, he took a position with the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation as Controller. He spent 12 years with Colonial Williamsburg as Controller of the Foundation and Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Properties, Inc.
Hodgdon joined the Sea Island Company in 1996 as Vice President-Chief Financial Officer,Treasurer and Secretary. In 1997, he was promoted to Senior Vice President, responsible for accounting and treasury operations, budget and planning, retail operations, information technology, risk management, purchasing, membership and publishing. He was a member of the Management, Finance, Compensation, and Planning and Development Committees of the Sea Island Company Board of Directors, Director and Officer of Sea Island Services, Inc., Director of the Sea Island Credit Union and a Trustee of Sea Island Foundation, Inc.
Hodgdon joined the Georgia Aquarium team in 2009.
Currently, Hodgdon is a member of Financial Executives International and the AICPA. He has also served as Chairman of Coastal Community Retirement Corporation (Marsh’s Edge), a member of the Board of Directors of the Brunswick and Glynn County Development Authority and a member of the Joint Finance Committee of St. Simons Presbyterian Church. Hodgdon and his wife, Teresa, live in Atlanta, and they have two children, Ryan and Kari.
- Bernard Marcus - Benefactor, Chairman of the Board, CEO
- David Kimmel - President and Chief Operating Officer
- Dr. Greg Bossart - Chief Veterinary Officer & Senior Vice President, Veterinary Services
- Matthew P. Hodgdon - Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Billy Hurley - Chief Animal Officer & Senior Vice President, Husbandry
- Carey Rountree - Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing
- Beach M. Clark, Jr - Vice President, Information Technology
- Kristie Cobb Hacke - Vice President, Development and Membership
- Joe Handy - Vice President, Guest Experience
- Scott Higley - Vice President of Marketing and Communications
- Timothy Mullican, DVM - Vice President, Veterinary Services and Husbandry
- Will Ramsey - Vice President, Group Sales
- Dr. Bruce A. Carlson - Science Officer
- Dr. Tonya Clauss - Chief Veterinarian
- Dr. Alistair Dove - Senior Scientist