Chief Animal Officer & Senior Vice President, Husbandry
As Chief Animal Officer and Senior Vice President of Husbandry, Billy Hurley leads all Husbandry Operations at Georgia Aquarium and is responsible for the entire husbandry sector of the Dolphin Expansion project at the Aquarium.
Hurley holds a bachelors degree in Marine Environmental Biology from Auburn University. He went on to become the General Manager of Dolphin Quest, located in Hawaii, before being promoted to Director of Husbandry and Training.
Billy Hurley joined Georgia Aquarium from Marineland’s Dolphin Conservation Center, where he served as General Manager and Vice President of Animal Management. Hurley has acted as a consultant for several months on Georgia Aquarium’s Dolphin Expansion.
Hurley is heavily involved with the International Marine Animal Trainer’s Association (IMATA) as the former President. Hurley is the current Director at Large and Accreditation Commission Chair for the Alliance of Marine Mammal Parks and Aquarium (AMMPA). Hurley has released several posters, papers and presentations, which focus primarily on mammal care and training.
- Bernard Marcus - Benefactor, Chairman of the Board, CEO
- David Kimmel - President and Chief Operating Officer
- Dr. Greg Bossart - Chief Veterinary Officer & Senior Vice President, Veterinary Services
- Matthew P. Hodgdon - Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Billy Hurley - Chief Animal Officer & Senior Vice President, Husbandry
- Carey Rountree - Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing
- Beach M. Clark, Jr - Vice President, Information Technology
- Kristie Cobb Hacke - Vice President, Development and Membership
- Joe Handy - Vice President, Guest Experience
- Scott Higley - Vice President of Marketing and Communications
- Timothy Mullican, DVM - Vice President, Veterinary Services and Husbandry
- Will Ramsey - Vice President, Group Sales
- Dr. Bruce A. Carlson - Science Officer
- Dr. Tonya Clauss - Chief Veterinarian
- Dr. Alistair Dove - Senior Scientist