Chief Zoological Officer & Senior Vice President, Husbandry
As Senior Vice President and Chief Zoological Officer, William Hurley leads all Zoological Operations at Georgia Aquarium.
Hurley holds a bachelors degree in Marine Environmental Biology from Auburn University. While beginning his career at an aquarium in Florida, he was recruited to work for the University of California Santa Cruz’s Long Marine Laboratory. From there he went on to become the General Manager of Dolphin Quest, located in Hawaii and Oahu, before being promoted to Corporate Director of Husbandry and Training for the global company (including Bermuda and French Polynesia).
William Hurley joined Georgia Aquarium from Marineland’s Dolphin Conservation Center, where he served as General Manager and Vice President of Animal Management. Hurley had acted as a consultant for several months on Georgia Aquarium’s Dolphin Expansion.
Hurley is heavily involved with the International Marine Animal Trainer’s Association (IMATA) as the former President. Hurley is the current President for the Alliance of Marine Mammal Parks and Aquarium (AMMPA), as well as an active member of the Association of Zoos & Aquariums (AZA), participating on the Governmental Affairs and Wildlife Conservation and Management Committees. Hurley has released several posters, papers and presentations, which focus primarily on marine mammal care and training, as well as the field projects in which he has participated.
- Bernard Marcus - Benefactor, Chairman of the Board, CEO
- David Kimmel - President and Chief Operating Officer
- Dr. Greg Bossart - Chief Veterinary Officer & Senior Vice President, Veterinary Services
- Matthew P. Hodgdon - Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Billy Hurley - Chief Animal Officer & Senior Vice President, Husbandry
- Carey Rountree - Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing
- Beach M. Clark, Jr - Vice President, Information Technology
- Kristie Cobb Hacke - Vice President, Development and Membership
- Joe Handy - Vice President, Guest Experience
- Scott Higley - Vice President of Marketing and Communications
- Timothy Mullican, DVM - Vice President, Veterinary Services and Husbandry
- Will Ramsey - Vice President, Group Sales
- Dr. Bruce A. Carlson - Science Officer
- Dr. Tonya Clauss - Chief Veterinarian
- Dr. Alistair Dove - Senior Scientist