Kristie Cobb Hacke
Vice President, Development and Membership
As Vice President of Development and Membership, Kristie Cobb Hacke is responsible for fundraising through sponsors, donors and Annual Pass sales, as well as the development, implementation and supervision of all fundraising activities. In addition, she is responsible for maintaining existing donor relationships, managing the stewardship and communication program, activating sponsorships and developing a formal long-range fundraising strategy.
Hacke received a bachelor’s degree in history and art history from Agnes Scott College in 1998 and an MBA from the University of Phoenix in 2005. Prior to joining the Aquarium, Hacke worked for The High Museum of Art as the Patron Services Coordinator, overseeing the coordination of benefits programs for all donor-level members. Her responsibilities also included the planning and coordination of major donor events with attendance ranging from 30 to 2,500, the management for annual telemarketing campaigns and the maintenance of intimate knowledge of more than 700 individual giving profiles for donor giving.
Hacke served as Database Manager for Zoo Atlanta, where she supervised data entry and all user training and collateral user material for The Raiser’s Edge, a database used for tracking fundraising. She managed a database of 160,000 constituent records and 32 users in The Raiser’s Edge.
As Membership Manager and Database Administrator for the Florida Aquarium, Hacke was responsible for all aspects of the membership program. This included member communications such as donor newsletters, annual reports and collateral materials. At the Florida Aquarium, Cobb increased total household membership by 70 percent in less than three years and achieved $910,000 in membership revenue for fiscal year 2004.
Hacke joined the Georgia Aquarium as Director of Membership and Annual Reports. In this role, Hacke created and implemented a fundraising strategy for the Aquarium including the creation and presentation of three annual events, budget development, committee and volunteer management, solicitation of sponsors and auction donors. As a part of the development for the Aquarium’s Web site, Cobb sold nearly 300,000 Annual Passes almost entirely through Web site sales in her first year. She has generated more than $1.5 million in revenue through philanthropic membership programs and developed and launched an Annual Pass sales program for sponsors.
- Bernard Marcus - Benefactor, Chairman of the Board, CEO
- David Kimmel - President and Chief Operating Officer
- Dr. Greg Bossart - Chief Veterinary Officer & Senior Vice President, Veterinary Services
- Matthew P. Hodgdon - Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Billy Hurley - Chief Animal Officer & Senior Vice President, Husbandry
- Carey Rountree - Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing
- Beach M. Clark, Jr - Vice President, Information Technology
- Kristie Cobb Hacke - Vice President, Development and Membership
- Joe Handy - Vice President, Guest Experience
- Scott Higley - Vice President of Marketing and Communications
- Timothy Mullican, DVM - Vice President, Veterinary Services and Husbandry
- Will Ramsey - Vice President, Group Sales
- Dr. Bruce A. Carlson - Science Officer
- Dr. Tonya Clauss - Chief Veterinarian
- Dr. Alistair Dove - Senior Scientist