Timothy Mullican, DVM
Vice President, Veterinary Services and Husbandry
As the Vice President of Veterinary Services and Husbandry, Timothy Mullican, DVM, oversees laboratory and clinical support, nutrition services and develops training to maintain the highest quality staff and exhibits at the Georgia Aquarium. He also plays a major role in managing the Aquarium’s aquatic animal pathology program in cooperation with the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine.
Mullican graduated from the University of Dayton with a bachelor’s degree in biology and continued his education at Purdue University, where he received his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. During his time in school, he also studied at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, Massachusetts, to receive his AQUAVET certification.
Mullican has more than 20 years of experience in the veterinary field. Mullican worked with the Newport Aquarium in Newport, Kentucky. He started as a Consulting Veterinarian and later became Executive Director, a position he held until 2005. After working for nine years in a clinical veterinary practice, Mullican became President of the Medical Division at Observatory Group, Inc. While at this company, Mullican also became President of Digital Education Publishing. In this position he published custom medical textbooks and created CD-ROMs for medical and scientific audiences.
Mullican not only has experience in the medical field, but also has consulting experience with different companies. Recently, Mullican was the principal consultant for TJM Associates in Cincinnati, Ohio, where he worked with various companies on a variety of medical and veterinary projects.
- Bernard Marcus - Benefactor, Chairman of the Board, CEO
- David Kimmel - President and Chief Operating Officer
- Dr. Greg Bossart - Chief Veterinary Officer & Senior Vice President, Veterinary Services
- Matthew P. Hodgdon - Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Billy Hurley - Chief Animal Officer & Senior Vice President, Husbandry
- Carey Rountree - Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing
- Beach M. Clark, Jr - Vice President, Information Technology
- Kristie Cobb Hacke - Vice President, Development and Membership
- Joe Handy - Vice President, Guest Experience
- Scott Higley - Vice President of Marketing and Communications
- Timothy Mullican, DVM - Vice President, Veterinary Services and Husbandry
- Will Ramsey - Vice President, Group Sales
- Dr. Bruce A. Carlson - Science Officer
- Dr. Tonya Clauss - Chief Veterinarian
- Dr. Alistair Dove - Senior Scientist