Sponsor Volunteer Program
The Georgia Aquarium Volunteer Program has partnered with our Presenting Sponsors to form the Sponsor Volunteer Program (SVP). SVP fosters strong relationships between the Georgia Aquarium, our Presenting Sponsors and the community at large. This program provides opportunities for employees of our presenting sponsors to join the Volunteer Program for free for one year, with the opportunity to continue volunteering the following years. For each year that a SVP volunteer contributes at least 100 hours of service, the $60 Volunteer membership fee will be waived.
Presenting Sponsor Employees, we urge you to join the world's largest aquarium as a volunteer! Spend time with whale sharks, beluga whales, sea otters, sea lions and the largest collection of aquatic animals! Volunteer positions include working on the floor engaging guests, talking about the animals and habitats, assisting in the 4D Theater, aiding special events in the ballroom, promoting the conservation message and serving at the Information Desk. Opportunities to volunteer also are available behind the scenes, which include positions in animal husbandry, the water quality lab and more!
What are the other benefits of volunteering in the Sponsor Volunteer Program?
- A Georgia Aquarium Volunteer Membership (Annual Pass)
- Ability to earn free daily admission tickets and an Annual Pass for a friend or family member
- Discounts on merchandise in the gift shop, food/beverages within the Aquarium, and a limited number of additional Annual Passes and general admission daily tickets
- Training in the Aquarium exhibits and operations, the animals and conservation
- Volunteer Newsletters
- Award and Recognition program
- Opportunities to attend lectures, special events and aquatic tours
- Opportunities to make new friends and meet people with shared interests
- Most of all, you will have the satisfaction of working with talented, dedicated individuals devoted to bringing the important message of conservation of our aquatic resources to our millions of guests.
To be eligible for the Sponsor Volunteer Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- A current employee of an eligible company (see list below)
- Age 18 years or older
- U.S. citizen, or hold a current work visa, student visa or green card
- Ability to pass a background check and volunteer at least 100 hours per year
After applying online, you will be contacted to attend a Volunteer Information Session with Aquarium staff and complete background check paperwork. Once your background check has cleared, you will be invited to attend orientation class and then begin volunteering.
To apply, please click here for an online application. Or, if you have questions, contact the Volunteer Office by emailing email@example.com. Please specify in your application or email that you are a Presenting Sponsor Employee and/or COVE volunteer applicant in your application.
We are committed to forming lasting relationships with our sponsors, and providing many opportunities for their employees to get involved and support their employer, as well as the Aquarium. We hope you will join us!
Georgia Aquarium Sponsor Volunteers 2012
Victor 'Vic' Greenwood
Abigail 'Abby' McCoy
Bernard 'Bernie' Flank
Kyle Rene Williams
Tricia 'Trish' Bean
Argentina 'Tina' Lamas
Kimberly L. 'Kim' Williams
Georgia Pacific Employees
Christine 'Chris' Templeton
Home Depot Employees
Jonathan 'Jon' Savell
Melanie 'Mel' Black
Taquasha Harris Jackson
Southern Company Employees
Douglas 'Doug' McNabb
Fanchester 'Fancy' Henry
Patrice 'Patti' Shaver
Raymond 'Ray' Smith
Nicholas 'Nick' Cooper
C. J. Kell
Kimberly 'Kim' Mays
Mary 'Kathy' Royal