Celebrate Sea Otter Awareness Week at Georgia Aquarium! From Sept. 21 – 27, participate in exciting opportunities to celebrate these cute, furry creatures. Get your tickets now!
Daily Activities at Georgia Aquarium:
- Arts & Crafts – Create your own sea otter mask!
- Animal Interpreters – Learn about our sea otters.
- Conservation Carts – Touch sea otter pelts and examine replica otter skulls.
- Raffles – Win a plush sea otter! Raffles will be held each day at 1 p.m.
- Plus biologist sessions, enrichment activities, storytelling, videos and more!
Sea Otter Conservation Efforts What threats do sea otters face?
Infectious diseases, contaminants, oil spills, fisheries interactions, predators, “natural” phenomenon (red tides), boat strikes and tourism. What is the sea otter’s conservation status?
Sea otters are listed as endangered on the IUCN Red List and are protected by the Endangered Species Act and The Marine Mammal Protection Act.
You Can Help!
By becoming an advocate for sea otters and other aquatic life, every individual can make a difference by protecting and saving the marine environment that sea otters call home. By donating to the Aquarium’s 4R program, you can help support Rescue, Rehabilitation, Responsibility and Research of sea otters.
Donate to THE 4r program
Sea Otter Awareness Week
Sea otters have been hunted to the brink of extinction. As a keystone species, sea otters play an integral role in the ecosystem and health of our oceans. In order to help the plight of the sea otter, public awareness and education is imperative.
Sea Otter Pups
Learn about the Aquarium’s work rescuing sea otter pups! Click here.