Please remember the following tips while visiting the Georgia Aquarium:
- Guarantee admission to the Aquarium by making advance reservations. Also purchase Deepo’s 3D Wondershow or book a Behind the Scenes Tour online.
- Last entry is permitted one hour before close.
- All guests must go through security checkpoints before entering the Aquarium. No guns, knives, lighters, matches, chewing gum, or fishing poles are permitted inside.
- At the information desk you may check personal belongings for $2 per item or purchase a visitor guide for $2 that contains color maps and information about each exhibit.
- We recommend that parents bring a pair of socks for children while playing in the Georgia Explorer gallery's children's play area.
- Wheelchairs are available at our information desk and on the second floor of the official Georgia Aquarium parking deck.
A dedicated drop-off area is located at the entrance of the Aquarium on Baker Street. Georgia Aquarium and the official Georgia Aquarium parking deck are handicap accessible and meet all A.D.A. requirements. Wheelchairs are available free for use during an Aquarium visit. These can be found at the Information Desk inside the main entrance. They are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Assisted listening devices are also available at the Information Desk.
Food and Beverages
No outside food, beverage or gum is permitted.
Lost & Found
If you lose an item during your aquarium visit, please ask at the Information Desk before you leave. If you discover you have left something behind, call 404-581-4204 between the hours of 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM to see if it has been turned in. After hours call 404-581-4242.
Only guide dogs for the blind, service dogs for people with disabilities or working dogs in training are permitted inside the aquarium.
Photography & Video
You are welcome to take photographs and video for your personal use during your visit. Please contact Public Relations for written permission to take commercial photography. Due to the sensitivity of our animals, flash photography will not be permitted at designated exhibits. Please look for no flash photography signs.
Safety and Security
For the safety of our guests, everyone must go through the security checkpoints before entering the aquarium. Security teams will oversee the bag checkpoints before entering the aquarium. Security teams will oversee the bag check procedure. Coat and bag checks are available. First aid is available courtesy of Piedmont Hospital, located on the first floor. No guns, knives, lighters, matches, chewing gum or fishing poles are permitted inside Georgia Aquarium.
Georgia Aquarium is a tobacco-free facility. For the health and safety of our guests, as well as our animals, please refrain from smoking on the premises. Chewing tobacco is also prohibited.
Click here to view our General Information FAQ