Accessibility at Georgia Aquarium
In order to serve all of our guests, Georgia Aquarium is committed to providing engaging and interactive experiences for everyone, no matter their ability, so they will have a full aquarium experience.
• Wheelchairs are available free of charge with a picture ID at the Information Booth.
• Golf carts are available to transport guests to and from the Aquarium’s parking deck.
For Guests with Mobility Impairments
• The touch pool at the entrance of the Cold Water Quest gallery has a special wheelchair access entry. A Georgia Aquarium staff member will provide guests in wheelchairs with a personal experience touching animals in this pool.
• At the shrimp touch pool in the Georgia Explorer galley, a Georgia Aquarium staff member will give guests in wheelchairs the opportunity to closely examine these fascinating little animals.
• Look for wheelchair emblems on the floor at designated exhibits for unblocked access to exhibit windows.
• Do not use the ramp in the center of the atrium as an up ramp unless you are going to the Recognition Rotunda to eat. This ramp will not take you to the Cold Water Quest gallery.
• Handicapped parking is available on all levels of the parking garage deck near the elevators, with oversized parking available on the first floor.
For Children with Autism
Prepare your child’s visit to the Aquarium by downloading and printing this photographic preview.
For Guests with Visual Impairments
• The touch pool at the entrance of the Cold Water Quest gallery has a special wheelchair access entry. An Aquarium staff member will provide guests with visual impairments with a personal experience touching animals in this pool.
• Check with a staff member for realistic three dimensional representations of animals found in each of our galleries.
• Tactile elements have been added at the education stations in each gallery.
• An audio exhibit about beluga whales has been added to the Cold Water Quest gallery.
• Staff members are located throughout the galleries to give detailed descriptions of the exhibits.
• Tactile wood carvings are available throughout the River Scout gallery to touch
For Guests with Hearing Impairments
• A visual script of our cell phone and iPod tours is available at the Information Desk.
• All video in the Aquarium is accompanied by closed captioning.
Journey with the Gentle Giants – Snorkel and SCUBA Dive with Whale Sharks
The entire Dive Immersion Team is certified by the Handicapped Scuba Association as either Divemasters or Instructors. Anyone with or without disabilities who is a certified open water diver is invited to purchase the SCUBA dive, and anyone with or without disabilities desiring to snorkel is invited to purchase the snorkel option. Note: Changing areas have limited accommodations. Please let us know in advance if you have specific needs or if you use mobility equipment.