The Georgia Aquarium opened on Nov. 23, 2005, as the World’s Largest Aquarium. With eight million gallons of fresh and marine water and more aquatic life than found in any other aquarium, you’re sure to see things you’ve never seen before!
The Georgia Aquarium promises wonder and excitement around every corner including whale sharks, beluga whales, penguins, jellies and much, much more. You can even touch bonnethead sharks, cownose rays, anemones and sea stars. There is so much to see and do that you'll want to come back again and again. We look forward to seeing you at the Georgia Aquarium.
Get information on directions and parking.
Check out the Aquarium's hours of operations and extended hours.
Download visitor information and tips in Spanish.
Read about accessibility at the Aquarium in preparation for your visit.
See what special events are going on at the Aquarium.
Have questions? See if they are covered in our FAQs.
- 1,000 Places To See Before You Die
- Listed as one of the 1,000 places to see by this New York Times #1 Bestseller
- “2008 Best Bet for Thrills & Chills"
- “Top 10 U.S. Attractions”
- Reader’s Digest
- “America’s 100 Best: Best Ocean Voyage”
- Parent’s Magazine
- Ranked #2 in "10 Best Aquariums for Kids"
- Southern Living
- “Favorite Spot in Atlanta”
- “Nicknamed “Eighth Ocean of the World””
- The Sunday Paper
- “Readers' Choice Awards: Atlanta's Best Local Attraction”
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Access Atlanta: “Best of the Big A: Best Place to Take Out-of-Towners”
- Atlanta Magazine
- “Best of Atlanta Critic’s Choice: Best Downtown Attraction”
- “Reader’s Choice: Best Family Attraction”
- “Best of Atlanta 2007: Hands-on Exhibit”
- Atlanta WHERE Magazine
- “The #1 Attraction for Kids”
- Creative Loafing
- “Reader’s Choice: Best New Building”
- 2006 & 2007 "Reader's Choice: Best New Thing about Atlanta"
-"Reader’s and Critic's Choice: Best Tourist Spot"
- Guinness Book of World Records
- “World’s Largest Aquarium”