Size13 inches (33 cm)
DietVariety of small marine plants and animals
RangeWestern Indian Ocean
HabitatNear coral reefs
- Coloration is brownish to black with vertical white stripes on the body, blue stripes on the face and a yellow tail.
- Maximum length of 13 inches (33 cm).
Goldentail angelfish are also known as the ear-spot angelfish.
- An omnivorous species. Diet consists of a variety of small marine plants and animals.
- Occurs in the Western Indian Ocean from the Gulf of Aden to South Africa, as well as Seychelles, Comoros and Madagascar.
- Found near coral reefs at depths to 82 feet (25 m).
- An oviparous, or egg-laying, species.
- “Least Concern” on the IUCN Red List.
- Also known as the ear-spot angelfish.