The internship will focus on accounting metrics and analytics at Georgia Aquarium. The intern will have an educational experience working alongside Georgia Aquarium’s Accounting team assisting in general office tasks and duties as well as a semester-long project. They will develop baseline metrics for monthly charges, fees, call center volume, and related monthly accruals. This will involve analysis of historical expense data in relationship to patron attendance, transaction volume, and monthly revenue levels. In addition, this internship will also research system variances for sales tax reporting and assist in filing amended returns for the year. The intern will grow in their accounting skills and receive professional experience in a non-profit throughout the internship.
Flexible days Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm
Minimum Required Hours per Week: 20
- Must be a junior or higher in college, majoring in accounting, finance, business administration, business management, or related field.
- Intermediate in Microsoft Excel including Pivot Tables
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Be analytical and possess attention to detail
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and interact with all levels within the organization
- If receiving school credit, an understanding of expectations and requirements for course credits
|Deadline||August 12||December 2||May 2|
|Semester Months||September – December (flexible if needed)||January – April (flexible if needed)||June – August (flexible if needed)|