An internship with the Accounting Team is a tremendous opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in financial accounting, reporting, and internal controls. This project will entail working alongside the General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll and Human Resources teams as well as exposure to all levels of management at Georgia Aquarium. The intern will work on a long-term project that accommodates current needs of the department and learning objectives set for the intern. The intern will grow in their accounting skills and receive professional experience in a non-profit throughout the internship.
- Must be a junior or higher in college, majoring in accounting, finance, business administration, business management, or related field.
- Ability to work independently
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate and reliable
- Must have intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and interact with all levels within the organization
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- If receiving school credit, an understanding of expectations and requirements for course credits
|Deadline||August 12||December 2||May 2|
|Months||September – December (flexible if needed)||January – April (flexible if needed)||June – August (flexible if needed)|