The internship will focus on grant accounting specifically grant reconciliation and process documentation at Georgia Aquarium. The intern will have an educational experience working alongside Georgia Aquarium’s Accounting team assisting in general office tasks and duties as well as a semester-long project. The purpose will be to assist in streamlining the process for accounting for grants and gifts, as well as, the actual spend against them. This will involve the collection of information from the ticketing system, general ledger, and various other documents. This internship will require collaboration with staff members in the Accounting, Development and Educations departments. The intern will grow in their accounting skills and receive professional experience in a non-profit throughout the internship.
Flexible days Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm
Minimum Required Hours per Week: 20
- Must be a junior or higher in college, majoring in accounting, finance, business administration, business management, or related field.
- Intermediate in Microsoft Excel including Pivot Tables
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Be analytical and possess attention to detail
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and interact with all levels within the organization
- If receiving school credit, an understanding of expectations and requirements for course credits
|Deadline||August 12||December 2||May 2|
|Semester Months||September – December (flexible if needed)||January – April (flexible if needed)||June – August (flexible if needed)|
Please fill out the form below to submit your resume for an internship.