The goal of our internship is to introduce our interns to as much as possible in the time they spend with us. This is a very dive focused internship. Dive Operations interns will dive in and clean exhibits around the aquarium. They will begin as a scuba diver in the Ocean Voyager and Beluga exhibits and later be trained in Surface Supplied Diving allowing dives in many other exhibits. There will also be opportunities to learn and perform various tasks such as cylinder filling, dive gear maintenance, surface support, and various administrative tasks. This internship should be considered exploratory as every day will present different opportunities and challenges. The best candidate will have some mechanical ability, be proficient in Microsoft Office and must be able to carry dive equipment and exit each exhibit unassisted while wearing dive gear.
- 3-4 days per week on set schedule, typically 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. (special projects may be outside normal hours)
- Minimum Required Hours per Week: 25
- Possess an Open Water Diving certification or higher from an internationally recognized agency.
- Once selected, final acceptance is contingent upon passing a swim/dive evaluation and a dive physical.
- Physical fees will be waived for interns accepted into the program.
|Deadline||July 1||November 1||March 1|
|Months||September – December (flexible, minimum 3 months)||January – April (flexible, minimum 3 months)||May – August (flexible, minimum 3 months)|
Please carefully review the description for your internship department of interest. To apply, complete the form below and attach requested documents (including your resume) for that internship. You may apply for more than one internship, but will need to submit separate applications.