The Education intern will gain hands-on experience into how environmental education programs are designed, developed and delivered which may include Camp H2O, teacher workshops, and school year programming. The intern’s level of involvement in each of these programs will vary seasonally. Interns will shadow Education staff members, contribute to various aspects of programming, and assist with daily operations and administrative tasks. Throughout the semester, interns will learn how to effectively deliver learning objectives appropriate for the audience through activities/games, crafts, or lectures that can be translated into a 45-minute program or a 5-day camp. Interns will also complete a semester-long project that supports the department and grows the intern as an environmental education professional.
Varies; evening and weekend work required
Minimum Required Hours per Week: 20
- Major in biology, environmental science, education, or related field.
- Interest in environmental education.
- Enjoys working with children and adults.
- Strong customer service, computer and communication skills.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
|Deadline||July 15||November 15||March 15|
|Semester Months||September 1 – December 15||January 15 – April 15||May 15 – August 15 (flexible if needed)|