The Finance: Reporting department is responsible for reflecting an accurate financial performance of Georgia Aquarium and provide useful tools that synthesize all the information for the adoption of optimal business decisions. The intern will enhance the reporting capabilities at Georgia Aquarium by participating in the following activities: a) creation of new financial reports, by automatically retrieving and summarizing information from the financial systems, b) preparation of a weekly cash flow forecast, c) support of the annual budgeting and forecasting process, d) review of the capital expenditure approval process and e) other analytical ad-hoc projects. The intern will grow in their reporting skills and receive professional financial experience in a non-profit throughout the internship.
Flexible days during Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm
Minimum Required Hours per Week: 20
- Must be a junior or higher in college, majoring in accounting, finance, business administration, business management, or related field.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Previous experience with financial reporting systems, database management and pivot tables is preferred but not required
- Motivated individual, able to work as part of a team and independently
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and interact with all levels within the organization
- If receiving school credit, an understanding of expectations and requirements for course credit
|Deadline||August 12||December 2||May 2|
|Semester Months||September – December (flexible if needed)||January – April (flexible if needed)||June – August (flexible if needed)|
Please carefully review the description for your internship department of interest. To apply, complete the form below and attach requested documents (including your resume) for that internship. You may apply for more than one internship, but will need to submit separate applications.