Description: In this program, students will focus on microscopic organisms and their role in the ecosystem. They will discuss how these organisms are affected by temperature change and how their relationship with other organisms benefits the system as a whole. Additionally, they will identify how climate change is affecting the life of these microscopic organisms.
Georgia Standards of Excellence
- S5L4. Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information about how microorganisms benefit or harm larger organisms.
- a. Construct an argument using scientific evidence to support a claim that some microorganisms are beneficial.
- S5P1. Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information to explain the differences between a physical change and a chemical change.
- b. Construct an argument based on observations to support a claim that the physical changes in the state of water are due to temperature changes, which cause small particles that cannot be seen to move differently.
Next Generation Science Standards
- MS-LS1-6 Construct a scientific explanation based on evidence for the roles of photosynthesis in the cycling of matter and flow of energy into and out of organisms.