Marketing Events interns handle a wide range of responsibilities surrounding the programs and platforms managed by Georgia Aquarium’s Communications team. Interns gain hands-on experience by helping plan, prepare and execute marketing events, (Summer interns: Sips Under the Sea, World Oceans Day, Yoga by the Water), fundraising events (Fish & Chips, Georgia Aquarium 5k, Red, White & Brew, Aqua Vino), and offsite events happening around the Atlanta community. Interns will create necessary pre-event and post-event materials, schedule volunteers, assist at on-site/off-site events, submit various department requests, participate in meetings and planning sessions, serve as a point of contact to volunteers, fulfill contest and promotional benefits for entrants and partners, produce marketing research, and more. Interns will partake in the event planning process from start to finish and will gain a wide variety of experiences that will benefit them in their future career.
4 days per week, Monday-Friday (flexible on days) with occasional night and weekend work required
Minimum Required Hours per Week: 30
- Major in marketing, advertising, hospitality, event management or related field.
- Possess excellent writing, proofreading and grammar skills.
- Provide excellent customer service and communication skills as well as superior attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Desire to learn and contribute to the success of Georgia Aquarium.
- Ability to:
- Lift and carry 40 lbs.
- Bend and stoop
- Stand for up to 5 hours
|Deadline||July 16||November 12||March 17|
|Semester Months||August – December||January – May||May – August|
Please carefully review the description for your internship department of interest. To apply, complete the form below and attach requested documents (including your resume) for that internship. You may apply for more than one internship, but will need to submit separate applications.