Marketing interns handle a wide range of responsibilities surrounding the programs and platforms managed by Georgia Aquarium’s Marketing Department. Interns gain hands-on marketing experience by helping plan, prepare and execute marketing events, (Summer interns: Sips Under the Sea, World Oceans Day, Yoga by the Water), fundraising events (Fish & Chips, Georgia Aquarium 5k, Red, White & Brew, Aqua Vino), and offsite events happening around the Atlanta community. Interns will create necessary pre-event and post-event materials, schedule volunteers, assist at on-site/off-site events, submit various department requests, participate in marketing meetings, brainstorms and planning sessions, serve as a point of contact to volunteers, fulfill contest and promotional benefits for entrants and partners, field and assess incoming inquiries into the department, produce marketing research, and more. By working in an integrated communications setting, interns will learn the importance of the Marketing Department to an organization and gain a wide variety of experiences benefiting their future career.
- Major in marketing, advertising, hospitality, event management or related field.
- Possess excellent writing, proofreading and grammar skills.
- Provide excellent customer service and communication skills as well as superior attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Desire to learn and contribute to the success of Georgia Aquarium.
- Ability to:
- Lift and carry 40 lbs.
- Bend and stoop
- Stand for up to 5 hours
|Deadline||August 1||November 24||April 1|
|Months||August – December||February – May||May – August|