Top 5 Date Night Experiences
Whether you are planning for a first date, Valentine’s Day, or 10th anniversary – no matter the occasion, Georgia Aquarium has five great ways to make your date night one to remember.
1. Sips Under the Sea – Take your date night to a whole new level!
Take your dinner and drinks to a whole new level at our Sips Under the Sea events. These specially-themed cocktail parties provide a date night experience like nothing else in Atlanta and are exclusively for our 21+ guests. Experience our galleries in a more intimate setting, stop off at the bar for a beverage, and dance the night away with a live DJ. Our next event is just in time for Valentine’s Day! Grab your tickets for Sips Under the Sea: Valentine’s Day on February 14th. Love is sure to be in the air – or water – as we say.
Can’t make this one? Don’t worry, Sips Under the Sea happens several times throughout the year. Check out our Events Calendar for all upcoming Aquarium events!
2. Animal Encounters and Interactive Programs – It’s a date you’ll never forget.
Know someone obsessed with seals? Maybe penguins? Give them a date experience they will talk about for years to come (sorry, this one will be tough to top) – an animal encounter! Take your pick.
- Penguin Encounter – Get up close with an African penguin and learn all about this unique temperate weather bird!
- Sea Lion Encounter – Get so close to California sea lions you’ll smell their fishy breath!
- Dolphin Encounter – You’ll stay on the deck of the dolphin habitat, but definitely get wet!
- Shark & Ray Interaction – For the daring heart, don a wet suit and get in with sharks and rays in a waist-deep exhibit!
- Journey with Gentle Giants Swim or Dive – Swim or dive in the largest aquatic habitat in the world with whale sharks, manta rays, and thousands of fish (scuba certification not required for swim; open water certification required for dive).
*Animal encounters and interactive programs are an additional purchase and are not included in general admission or memberships.
3. Wellness by the Water – Get some zen time together
Come experience Atlant’s most unique and inspiring fitness studio – Georgia Aquarium! Enjoy views of our 6.3-million-gallon Ocean Voyager exhibit while stretching it out and breaking a sweat during yoga classes led by Dancing Dogs Yoga instructors – or unwind and relax with a unique sound bath experience led by a healing practitioner and Reiki Master from SND Bath. No matter your fitness level, there is something for every couple to enjoy – together. Tickets include complimentary parking but do not include admission to the Aquarium.
Additionally, if you’re the crazy couple whose New Year’s resolution was to run a 5k together – join us for our seventh annual Georgia Aquarium 5K and make an impact on aquatic animal conservation through your participation. All proceeds go toward the Aquarium’s research and conservation initiatives at home and across the globe. Couples that run for a cause together stay together!
4. Memberships or Resident Passes – Make the date last all year!
Make date night last the entire year with a membership or Resident Pass! Get one for yourself (because you love yourself, too) or for the entire family. Membership types vary but all include:
- One year of unlimited visits from the time of purchase
- Bring friends or family and receive a 10% discount on their admission
- Exclusive discounts for events, parties, camps, etc.
- 10% discount at our Coastline Café and Gift Shop
- Discounts on programming and parking
5. General Admission Visit – We’re open 365!
A general admission visit to the Aquarium is just as magical as an encounter or event. Visit all eight of the Aquarium’s galleries and see some of the world’s most majestic creatures right here in the U.S.
- Snap photos of your love in picturesque spots like the bubble window in Ocean Voyager or the coral wall in Tropical Diver!
- Catch the sea lion or dolphin presentation (check showtimes upon arrival) which is included in general admission.
Tickets are required for entry, encounter programs, and special events at the Aquarium. Reservations are required for the sea lion and dolphin presentations at no additional charge. For more information and to book your experience, visit our website.