Embark on a once-in-a-lifetime journey from Durban, South Africa to Mahe, Seychelles to experience places few people will ever have the privilege of seeing. This 16-day cruise aboard the glamorous small ship Le Lyrial—of the PONANT cruise line fleet—will travel to remote and largely uninhabited islands, most of which are nature preserves, to experience and witness animals and ecosystems virtually untouched by tourism. You’ll be joined by Dr. Al Dove, Georgia Aquarium’s Vice President of Research and Conservation, who will be sharing his expertise on the diverse aquatic life of the Indian Ocean through lectures and offshore excursions. See Aldabra giant tortoises, black lemurs, and red footed boobies on land, in addition to swimming in pristine coral reefs with over 1,000 different fish species—including the largest in the world, manta rays and whale sharks.
Date: Saturday, March 30, 2019—Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Location: Durban, South Africa—Mahe, Seychelles
Click here to view full cruise itinerary.
Accommodations: You will travel aboard the deluxe, five-star Le Lyrial, one of the most beautifully conceived and technologically sophisticated small ships afloat. It is one of four sister ships of the PONANT cruise line, selected as Conde Nast Traveler World’s Best Small Cruise Ship, 2018. All accommodations afford sea views, and, other than the eight superior staterooms, all feature a private balcony. Additionally, with only 122 staterooms and suites onboard, you will enjoy an intimate cruising experience.
Total Cost: Fare (per person, double occupancy) from $10,400. Click here for additional cabin rates.
- 15-night cruise aboard the deluxe Le Lyrial
- Welcome and farewell cocktail receptions aboard ship; Captain’s gala dinner
- All meals aboard ship including early riser’s coffee & pastry, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner
- Open bar aboard ship, including select wines with lunch and dinner
- 24-hour room service (special selection)
- Complete program of expedition excursions via Zodiacs, led by experienced naturalists
- Lectures and briefings by Expedition Leader and naturalists
- Enrichment program of lectures and discussions by guest lecturer Dr. Al Dove
- Comprehensive pre-departure materials
- Baggage handling and airport-to-pier transfers abroad on the designated program arrival and departure dates
- Port taxes and charges
- Gratuities to shipboard personnel, porters, guides, and drivers
- International flights and airport taxes
- Visa and passport fees (if applicable)
- Luggage, cancellation and accident insurance
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, internet, spa services and beverages other than those specified above
- Optional SCUBA diving excursions
To register for this Georgia Aquarium adventure, please contact our partners at PONANT at
1-888-400-1082. They can also assist with flights, insurance, additional tour options or any questions you may have.
For more information, please contact:
Assistant Manager of Donor Relations