Immerse yourself in the crystal-clear turquoise waters of Raja Ampat, Indonesia and be transported to a tropical paradise. Spend 10 days/9 nights diving alongside Georgia Aquarium coral expert Steve Hartter onboard the luxurious Damai II —a traditional Phinisi-style dive liveaboard with an expert staff and the lowest dive master to diver ratio in the region (1:4). Swim alongside schools of tropical fish, take in the pygmy seahorses and nudibranchs, keep your eyes out for sharks and manta rays, and discover all the reasons why this destination is among the top places in the world to dive.
DAMAI II has a deck length of 40 meters (131 ft) and a beam of 9 meters (29.5 ft) at its widest point. The new vessel is slightly larger than the first ensuring three spacious outside deck areas with an outdoor dining facility, our famous massage and spa treatment area and plenty of extra lounging and sunbathing space. (More information available here.)
- Dampier Straits
- Manta Sandy
- Kawe (Eagle Rock)
- Penemu (Barracuda Point)
- Wayilbatan (The Four Kings)
- Farondi (Three Sisters)
- Physical Requirements
- All diving passengers must provide a current dive certification card of a minimum Open Water level.
- If you wish to dive with NITROX on the vessel, a short training course can be organized by prior arrangement at an additional cost.
- Alternatively, divers with a NITROX certification card will be ready to go.
- DIVE INSURANCE IS COMPULSORY. We recommend DAN International.
- We dive in extremely remote locations. Safety is a priority and we ask you to help yourself by ensuring you have the correct travel and dive insurance for everyone’s peace of mind.
- 9 night accommodation on Damai II in the cabin of your choice.
- All meals and drinks (juice, soft drinks, beer) onboard, excluding wine and spirits.
- Dietary restrictions can be accommodated for with advanced notice.
- One glass of wine with dinner is complimentary.
- Unlimited daytime diving and night dives (weather permitting).
- In-water dive guides – max 4 divers per guide.
- Nitrox dive gear.
- Land tours and group activities organized by Dive Damai.
- Onboard cruise director.
- Laundry available.
- Massages available.
- Round-trip airport transfers.
- Port and government taxes.
- Flight from Jakarta to Sorong
- International flights.
- Airport taxes.
- Crew gratuities (at your discretion).
- Park fees (approx. $90).
- Trip cancellation.
- Dive accident insurance.
- Credit card fees.
- Personal expenses.
Take the Trip with Us
Choose “Travel with Georgia Aquarium” from the list below to ensure the form gets routed to the correct people.