Journey with Gentle Giants is the only opportunity in the world where you are guaranteed to dive with whale sharks, manta rays and thousands of other fish. Suit up to SCUBA dive in the pristine waters of the Ocean Voyager exhibit for a once in a lifetime experience.
The Aquatic Advocate Program (formerly the PADI Whale Shark/Manta Ray Specialty) offers dive guests an opportunity to immerse themselves with greater knowledge and appreciation through direct observation and education. For more information, click here!
The manta rays are very playful and love to come over and swoop right above your head! It's also fun to go over the tunnel and up to the window and interact with the people since you have become part of the exhibit... It's such a unique experience.Sal42 from Cleveland TripAdvisor.com
CANCELLATION AND DATE CHANGE POLICY: The program fee is non-refundable; however, the program will be rescheduled whenever possible. The Aquarium will reschedule your encounter if given notice more than 48 hours in advance. There will be a change fee of $20 per ticket if notice is given within 14 days of the original reservation date. Cancellations and no-shows will not be refunded or rescheduled.
- If I buy my tickets online, do I need to print them, or is showing the email on my phone is enough?
- Can I bring my own scuba mask/snorkel?
- Do participants have to wear a mask?
- My picture was taken by the professional photographers at Georgia Aquarium, how can I find it?
- Do I need to reschedule my Animal Encounter if a friend or family member tests positive for Covid 19?
- What is Georgia Aquarium doing to help guests and staff stay healthy?
- Do you offer private changing rooms?
- What is your cancellation/no-show policy?
- What is your rescheduling/date change policy?
- When should I arrive for my program?
- Do I have to pre-register or can I sign up when I arrive?
- How do I make a reservation?
- Are guests welcome to watch? Do they have to buy a ticket?
- I’m an experienced diver and am very comfortable in the water. Is there a program for divers like me?
- I’m a new diver/I have not been diving in a long time – Can I still participate?
- Will there be a guide in the water with me?
- Can we touch the animals?
- Can we take our own photos/video?
- What are the physical limitation of the Dive Program?
- What should I bring with me?
- Are you able to dive with special needs?
- What equipment is included in the dive program?
- What are the age requirements?
- What is the Aquatic Advocates Program?
- What else can I add-on to my experience?
- What is the cost of the program?
- How big is the Ocean Voyager exhibit and what will I see?
- What is the duration of the program?
- What times are available for the scuba dive program?
- What if I am not a certified diver?
- Do I have to be scuba certified?
- What is the purpose of this program/overview of the dive?
- How do I get to the aquarium?