Go behind the scenes of our Cold Water Quest gallery for an up-close-and-personal penguin encounter. You’ll learn all about how we care for them, as well as our conservation initiatives — all of which are supported by your ticket dollars and participation in this 30-minute program.
My husband and I participated in a penguin encounter. It was a great experience. The whole encounter revolved around the animals (as it should). The handlers really cared about the penguins' wellbeing.Mattison from Phoenix TripAdvisor
With our unique Seal Encounter, you’ll go behind the scenes of our Cold Water Quest gallery and enjoy 30 minutes with our seals...
Sea Lion Encounter
With our unique Seal Lion Encounter, you’ll go behind the scenes and enjoy 30 minutes with our seal lions in their Aquarium home.
Suit up and stand waist-deep in our beluga habitat alongside our beluga whale trainers.
Adventure behind-the-scenes of the dolphin theater where you’ll to get to meet our dolphins face to face.
Sea Otter Encounter
In our unique Sea Otter Encounter, you’ll go behind the scenes of the Cold Water Quest gallery and interact with these charismatic...
Journey with Gentle Giants — Swim
Journey with Gentle Giants is the only opportunity in the world where you’re guaranteed to swim with whale sharks, manta rays and...
Journey with Gentle Giants — Dive
Journey with Gentle Giants is the only opportunity in the world where you’re guaranteed to dive with whale sharks, manta rays and...
Rebreather Dive Program
In conjunction with our renowned SCUBA program, Georgia Aquarium offers an hour-plus try-dive rebreather experience — no bubbles!
- Can I buy shirts that look like the ones staff wears?
- What is Georgia Aquarium doing to help guests and staff stay healthy?
- What is the purpose of this program/overview of the interactive experience?
- Are you able to participate in a Penguin Encounter with special needs?
- Are guests welcome to watch? Do they have to buy a ticket?
- What happens if I am late or cannot make it?
- Where do I go when I arrive?
- How many participants can participate in a single program?
- What are the age requirements?
- How do I make a reservation?
- Do I need to make a reservation?
- What is the cost of the program?
- What should I bring with me?
- What times are the Penguin Encounters held?
- What do we get to do with the penguins?
- What will I see, and how long is the program?