Georgia Aquarium is committed to creating a safe and enjoyable experience for every guest that comes through our doors. Our team members will always work to support an environment where someone’s visit will not be disrupted by the behavior or actions of other guests. Aquarium team members should be treated with respect at all times. Guests who violate this code of conduct will be required to leave the Aquarium immediately. Our security staff reserves the right to remove, without refund, any and all ticket holders who act inappropriately or behave in a way that makes others uncomfortable.
Georgia Aquarium Code of Conduct:
- Guests will be treated courteously by all Aquarium team members.
- Guests will treat Aquarium team members courteously.
- Guests wearing clothing with obscenities printed on them will not be permitted into the Aquarium.
- Guest dressed in sexually explicit or revealing clothing will not be permitted into the Aquarium.
- Shirts and footwear are required.
- Unauthorized signage is not permitted in the Aquarium.
- Disruptive behavior, damaging property, foul or abusive language, obscene gestures, harassing or aggressive behavior is not permitted in the Aquarium.
- Stealing is prohibited.
- Weapons are prohibited.
- Unauthorized use or resale of tickets is prohibited.
- Guests are to follow all Aquarium policies and directions given by Aquarium team members at all times.
- Guests engaging in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to enter unauthorized areas will be removed immediately from the property without refund.
- Guests will remain in authorized guest areas and never impede other guests or block nearby exits, aisles or exhibits.
- Guests will provide their tickets when requested by Aquarium team members.
- Smoking/vaping is prohibited in the Aquarium.
- Guests consuming alcoholic beverages should do so responsibly. Guests becoming overly intoxicated, participating in or contributing to underage drinking will be escorted from the Aquarium without refund.
- Guests will comply with team members in emergency response procedures.
- Guests with complaints should communicate respectfully with team members regarding any issues or concerns.
Guests who violate the code of conduct or engage in any other behavior that may be deemed by Georgia Aquarium team members to be inappropriate, harassing or threatening may be removed without refund. Behavior which may adversely impact the safety of people, animals or property will be removed from the property and may be subject to arrest.