Georgia Aquarium’s General Volunteer Program provides various opportunities for individuals aged 18 and older to inspire our millions of guests each year, share passion for the aquatic world and join other conservation-minded individuals in the Atlanta area to make a difference in the community.
ALERT: After careful consideration, we have made the decision to close Georgia Aquarium to public guests. We continue to closely monitor this ever-evolving situation around COVID-19 with the ongoing commitment to the health and wellbeing of our guests, staff, volunteers and animals.
- 18 years or older
- U.S. citizen, or hold a current work visa, student visa, or green card
- Commit to at least 100 hours per 12 months
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to submit a $60 Volunteer Membership fee
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about aquatic life and conservation
- Can volunteer independently in a fast-paced environment
- Secure own transportation
Please Note: Because we communicate mainly via email, volunteers should have a working knowledge of computers and/or smart devices.
Click the yellow “Apply” button to the right, to reserve your spot today!
Must have outside dive certification, dive experience, ability to pass a swim and dive test & interview, complete on-site training classes and submit to a medical examination & its associated fee. Not all dive applicants are accepted, thus we ask for your commitment in other areas listed above.