Tuesdays in the Field is a specialized program created for K-12 homeschool students. The Education Team is excited to offer an experience that allows students the opportunity to engage in standard based instruction at their own pace. Our Tuesdays in the Field homeschool experience is offered the second Tuesday of the month, from September through February, between the hours of 9:00am-1:00pm. Participants may enter through the education entrance between 9:00am-12:00pm. Registration for the Tuesdays in the Field program includes Georgia Aquarium admission. At the end of the program, feel free to enjoy the Aquarium’s galleries and presentations once open to the public.
9/14/21 – Conservation in Your Yard
When you think about saving the world you might think about issues that are happening very far away, but did you know that there are things you can do right in your own home and neighborhood? In this month’s session you will learn about how to make an impact here in Georgia starting right when you get home.
10/12/21 – Aquarium Ambassadors
Have you ever wondered what it is like working at an aquarium or zoo? What goes into caring for a whale shark or a beluga whale? In this month’s session we will learn about the daily care of our animals, rescue and rehabilitation, and why we do what we do here at Georgia Aquarium.
11/9/21 – Tech to Protect
Our world is booming right now with new technology developments. Technology is all around us, but did you know it is also in the deepest parts of the ocean and used to clean up our waterways? Join us this month to learn about the amazing uses of technology to protect our environment and the world we live in.
12/14/21 – ‘Tis the Sustainability Season
What do you think of when you hear the word sustainable? Discover the different facets of sustainability, while brainstorming creative gifts for the holiday season. Join us this month to learn all the possibilities of what it means to be sustainable.
1/11/22 – Biting Back for Conservation
Sharks are known to be at the top of their food chain, but did you know that sharks play a key role in maintaining the balance in ocean ecosystems? Sharks have been misunderstood by humans for decades and in this month’s session we will take a closer look at threats sharks face worldwide and leave you with a better appreciation for shark conservation.
2/8/22 – Save our Seas
The ocean holds around 70% of the world’s water and sustains over half of the world’s living organisms. It is responsible for supplying more oxygen than all of the rainforests combined. Today our oceans are facing issues like pollution, rising global temperatures, and overfishing. Join us during this session to learn about how you can help save our oceans and make a difference for the future.
- Student PreK-12 (Member): $13 + tax
- Student PreK-12 (Non-Member): $15 + tax
- Accompanying adult (non-member): $31.95 + tax
- Accompanying adult (Member): Complimentary with paid Tuesdays in the Field student(s). Must show adult Member ID.
- Participants may enter between 9:00am-12:00pm. Aquarium access will be available once open to the public.
- All guests are required to purchase a home school ticket in advance. Tickets cannot be purchased on the day of your visit.
- Upon completion of the online form, you will receive your print-at-home tickets that will be required for entrance to Georgia Aquarium.
- You must provide a letter of intent (or other state authorized document showing home school status) with your print-at-home ticket or confirmation number upon arrival.
- Guests who are unable to provide proper documentation will be asked to enter via the Main Entrance and pay the full price of admission.
- Included in your home school admission is access to privileged areas, standards-based activities in the Discovery Zone gallery and admission to all Georgia Aquarium galleries and presentations.
- Reservations are processed based on availability. After your reservation is finalized (when payment is received), you will receive a confirmation email with an order number and further instructions related to your program.
- All Students must be accompanied by a chaperone. Chaperones must be 18 years or older and are encouraged to actively participate in activities and monitor student behavior.
- All payments are non-refundable. Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of your order, such as no-shows or cancellations.
- The official Georgia Aquarium Parking deck is accessible via our entrances on Luckie Street or Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd.
- Aquarium parking is $11 in advance online or $12 on the day of your visit.
- When parking in the Georgia Aquarium parking deck, please utilize the blue elevator (also labeled Ballroom Elevator) to reach the sidewalk on Luckie Street. Continue down the Luckie Street sidewalk and look for the blue Education Bus Drop Off flags. A member of the Education team will be available to assist you with entry.
Thanks for your interest in booking a home school field trip. Please fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you shortly.