Valentine’s Day is approaching and many of us find ourselves in the same predicament year after year: what to do, how to celebrate, and where to go to celebrate the day of love. No matter if you’re in the ‘getting to know each other’ stage, have been together forever, or maybe it’s platonic, Georgia Aquarium has five great ways to make Valentine’s Day stand out.
1. Sips Under the Sea – Feb. 10, 2023; 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Enjoy this 21+ cocktail party with access to the Aquarium’s galleries, three drink tickets, and dining options in Cafe Aquaria.
- Wanna make it more special? Tack on the Overnight option to your ticket. Not only do you get all the benefits of Sips Under the Sea but get to stay the night in one of the Aquarium’s galleries following the event!
- Can’t make this one? Don’t worry, Sips Under the Sea happens several times throughout the year.
- Animal Encounters and Interactive Programs – Varies
- Know someone obsessed with seals? Maybe penguins? Give them the gift they will talk about for Valentine’s Days to come (sorry, this one will be tough to top) – an animal encounter! Take your pick. *Animal encounters and interactive programs are an additional purchase and are not included in general admission or memberships.
2. Animal Encounters and Interactive Programs – Varies
Know someone obsessed with seals? Maybe penguins? Give them the gift they will talk about for Valentine’s Days to come (sorry, this one will be tough to top) – an animal encounter! Take your pick. *Animal encounters and interactive programs are an additional purchase and are not included in general admission or memberships.
- Penguin Encounter – get up-close with an African penguin and learn all about this unique temperate weather bird!
- Sea Lion Encounter – get so close to California sea lions you’ll smell their fishy breath!
- Dolphin Encounter – You’ll stay on the deck of the dolphin habitat, but definitely get wet!
- Shark & Ray Interaction – For the daring heart, don a wet suit and get in with sharks and rays in a waist-deep exhibit!
- Shark Cage Dive – Go big and get fully submerged in the shark exhibit as you travel underwater (scuba certification not required).
- Journey with Gentle Giants Swim or Dive – Swim or dive in the largest aquatic habitat in the world with whale sharks, manta rays, and thousands of fish (scuba certification not required for swim; open water certification required for dive).
3. Dance by the Water – February 14, 2023; 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Put a pep in your step this Valentine’s Day with a one-hour dance class by Fred Astaire Dance Studio looking into the 6.3-million-gallon Ocean Voyager exhibit. Dance partners are not required but encouraged. Tickets include complimentary parking but do not include admission to the Aquarium.
4. Memberships or Resident Passes – varies
Make Valentine’s Day last the entire year with a membership! Get one for yourself (because love yourself, too) or the entire family. Membership types vary but all include:
- One year of unlimited visits from time of purchase
- Bring friends or family and receive 10% discount on their admission
- Exclusive discounts for events, parties, camps, etc.
- 10% discount in Café Aquaria and Gift Shop
- Discounts on programming and parking
- Live in Georgia? Take advantage of our first-ever Resident Pass that gives Georgia residents unlimited admission (excluding blackout dates) for the rest of 2023 for the price a single-day ticket!
*Resident Passes do not include membership benefits. Resident Pass purchases require proof of residency and cannot be gifted.
5. General Admission Visit – Varies; the Aquarium is open 365, check website for hours
A general admission visit to the Aquarium is just as magical as an encounter or event. Visit all eight of the Aquarium’s galleries and see some of the world’s most majestic creatures right here in the U.S.
- Snap photos of your love in the picturesque spots like the bubble window in Ocean Voyager or coral wall in Tropical Diver!
- Catch the sea lion or dolphin presentation (check showtimes upon arrival) which is included in general admission
- Pssst – make an advance ticket reservation and save $5!
Tickets are required for entry, encounter programs, and special events at the Aquarium. Reservations are required for the sea lion and dolphin presentations at no additional charge. For more information and to book your experience, visit georgiaaquarium.org.
Georgia Aquarium is a leading 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in Atlanta, Ga. that is Humane Certified by American Humane and accredited by the Alliance of Marine Mammal Parks and Aquariums and the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. Georgia Aquarium is committed to working on behalf of all marine life through education, preservation, exceptional animal care, and research across the globe. Georgia Aquarium continues its mission each day to inspire, educate, and entertain its millions of guests about the aquatic biodiversity throughout the world through its hundreds of exhibits and tens of thousands of animals across its seven major galleries.