This program will offer interns hands-on husbandry experience working with the Georgia Aquarium’s collection of sharks, rays, teleosts, reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates. Interns will work directly with the Fishes and Invertebrates Team to support the daily care of the aquarium’s collection. Interns will acquire the skills of an entry level aquarist learning how to prepare diets and feed, to collect water samples, to conduct exhibit and husbandry maintenance, to learn animal behaviors and to assist aquarists with animal handlings and medical procedures.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have an interest or major in animal science, biology, zoology, psychology or related field.
- Independent worker and team player.
- Intern must be physically fit as the internship involves substantial physical labor.
- Climb stairs and ladders, stoop, kneel and stand.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to work around saltwater.
|Deadline||June 15||October 18||February 14|
|Months||August – December||January – May||May – August|